Keeping You Safe
Learn How We Are Doing Our Part
FlyPelican has implemented a number of measures to ensure our passengers remain protected when travelling with us. The safety and comfort of our passengers is our number one priority.
The measures we are taking include the following:
At the Airport:
- Availability of hand sanitiser at check-in for passengers and staff
- Regular cleaning of check-in areas and equipment
- Regular communication with airports and security staff regarding cleanliness and protective measures at screening points and within terminal facilities
- Working alongside our airport partners (including owners and ground handling agents) to ensure the most rigorous cleaning, social distancing and other required measures are in place
- Signage and/or questions at check-in relating to passenger travel history/current health
- Baggage handlers and ground staff issued with gloves and protective equipment
Onboard our Aircraft:
- Hand sanitiser will be available upon boarding for all passengers and crew
- For those not exempted from wearing a mask the use of masks is a condition of carriage and you could be refused travel if you do no wear one when on board or in the airport
- Deep cleaning of each aircraft regularly
- Regular cleaning of seats, seat belts, cabin items and touch areas with an approved cleaner that kills 99.9% of viruses, germs and bacteria
- Deep cleaning of flight deck surfaces
- Regular checks and restock of cleaning and hygiene products onboard each aircraft
- Seat allocation procedures, where possible, ensure social distancing within the aircraft itself (eg. where possible we will always have a seat between passengers not travelling together)
- Issue of individual anti-bacterial gel to all flight crew
- Social distancing rules adhered to by all staff
- Hand sanitiser, masks and Isopropyl cleaning solvent are among the cleaning items available to all staff
- Daily cleaning of office facilities
- Internal processes to ensure any unwell staff remain at home until they are fit and cleared by medical staff to return to work
- CovidSafe plan in place with alert levels allowing enhanced measures when required. This includes ongoing commitment by staff to social distancing, personal hygiene and the use of masks in certain situations.
This is clearly a highly dynamic situation which we are monitoring daily. We are updating our pandemic response plan and virus control measures as appropriate based on advice from the Department of Health, SafeWork Australia, aviation authorities and other valued partners.
Note: Flypelican reserves the right to deny carriage to any persons deemed unsuitable for travel.